OFW is searching for hair and makeup designers to compete in the February 2017 Develop Model Management Beauty Show! The show will be held on February 26 to cap off Omaha Fashion Week at the Omaha Design Center.
NEW THIS YEAR! OFW will be awarding three prizes! Top prize is a $2,500 prize package that includes a $1,000 cash prize, an exclusive VIP table at the August 2017 Finale valued at $1,000 and a full-page ad in Omaha FASHION Magazine. First runner-up will receive a $500 cash prize. Second runner-up will receive a $250 cash prize.
APPLY HERE. Deadline is february 6.
HOW IT ALL WORKS:
- The selected teams will draw a theme from a bowl on Friday, February 24 at Omaha Fashion Week during the Designer Showcase II. Teams will not have any information on what the themes will be until this night! OFW will provide tickets to contest participants for Showcase II.
- Teams have 48 hours to develop and execute their concept based on the theme drawn.
- Four people to a team—a team leader, hair stylist, make up artist, and a stylist to put it all together.
- Teams will have four models assigned by Develop Model Management. It’s up to you to decide what they should wear (no swimwear or lingerie allowed). You will not know who these models are until February 26. You will receive their contact information on the night you draw your theme. We encourage you to reach out to your models immediately.
- How you interpret your theme and present your idea is totally up to you! We have reduced the number of models per collection so you can really pile on the details. No permanent changes, such as cutting or coloring, to models' hair allowed. Check out the judging info below.
- Earliest call time for models on show day is 8 a.m.
- Backstage will be open at 3 p.m. on Show Day
- All teams and models must be checked in backstage no later than 6 p.m. (Hair and makeup evaluations will begin at 6:30 p.m.)
- There will be a panel of beauty industry experts, separate from the OFW selection panel, who will judge teams.
- Participants will receive backstage passes to the show plus a set of complimentary tickets for additional guests.
- Teams will be announced in February so make sure to keep up with OFW on social media!
All styling must be complete by 6:30 p.m. on day of show. Judges will evaluate hair and makeup for each collection in a blind private viewing of each collection before the show (meaning teams will not be present in this session and team names for each collection will not be identified). They will evaluate styling during the runway presentation. The judges will evaluate each team in three categories: Hair, Makeup and Styling. Judging will be done on a 1 to 10 scale.
Hair and Makeup (criteria listed below apply to all both categories, judging during private viewing): 40% each
- Originality - the design is innovative and unique
- Complexity - the design is challenging and involves multiple techniques
- Color - the colors enhance the design and complement each other
- Visual Interest - the design captures your attention
- Workmanship - the overall quality demonstrates outstanding technical skills
Styling (judged on runway): 20%
- the presentation makes an excellent overall impression
- the presentation satisfies the theme requirements of the challenge
- the theme is obvious and completely developed
- the styling is cohesive and well-constructed
- the styling complements the model
- 10 - Perfect
- 9 - Almost Perfect
- 8 - Very Good
- 7 - Good
- 6 - Above Average
- 5 - Average
- 4 - Below Average
- 3 - Poor
- 2 - Very Poor
- 1 - Unacceptable
Scores from each judge are added together and averaged for each team from each category of competition: Hair (40%), Makeup (40%) and Styling (20%). The average scores for each category are weighted and teams with the highest average scores are winner, first and second runner up, respectively. The new scoring system allows us to reward the technical aspects of designs along with the overall runway presentation. Score sheets and materials will be provided to teams in early February.