Omaha Fashion Week is excited to open applications for the Beauty Alliance. OFW's 10th Anniversary Season in August 2017 will be the biggest and best yet, so we want to invite as many Hair and Make Up Artists as we can to our backstage styling teams!
The Omaha Fashion Week Beauty Alliance pairs professionals with top student talent to bring the designer's vision to life not he runway. We are seeking 30 professionals and 40 students to join our styling teams for the week of August 21-26, 2017. Register for the Beauty Alliance below.
Registration ends May 19th at midnight. Orientation will take place May 31st at 1pm and 7pm.
HOw does it work?
- Each night (M-Th and Saturday) 10 designers will show collections ranging from 6-12 looks. Two Headlining Designers will show up to 24 looks.
- Every collection will be assigned a styling team that includes two professionals (need to be proficient in hair & makeup between the two) and two students. Styling teams will be assigned to designers by the end of June.
- One of the pros will act as a liaison to the designer. The liaison will meet with the designer to determine the creative vision for hair & makeup, communicate that vision to the styling team, and do any necessary trial runs with the team.
- Teams will have one hour to practice the look on one model during Rack Check at the Omaha Design Center on August 6. Each designer & styling team will be assigned a specific time slot on that day.
- Teams will report to a Styling Team Leader when working backstage during Omaha Fashion Week. The Styling Team leader will oversee the entire styling operation, answer questions, keep the schedule and trouble shoot problems. There will be one Styling Team Leader backstage each night.
What do I get?
- Be part of a community! We’re gonna get real cozy backstage at Omaha Fashion Week. Actually, our remodeled backstage allows ample room for on-site styling. We love the creative energy and excitement that occurs having all styling done on site!
- Networking & mentoring. You will get to interact with top pros and students; all who are passionate about raising the bar for fashion in Omaha.
- Great photography. Omaha Fashion Week will provide digital files of photos taken during Rack Check for portfolios.
- Listing on the Omaha Fashion Week blog.
- Recognition in Omaha FASHION Magazine.
- Free product! Stay tuned for a list of product sponsors who will provide product backstage.
- Recognition on Social Media – behind the scenes photos and runway photos will be posted every day for you to tag yourself in!
- A nifty OFW Beauty Alliance t-shirt to wear backstage!
- Stay tuned for more!
registration for professionals
Professionals register as a team of two. Between them, they must be proficient in Hair and Make Up. Registration closes at midnight May 19. You will need to provide the following info to complete the registration:
- Names, phone number, emails and addresses of both team members
- License number
- Name of designer liaison
registration for students
Students must be in their final six months of schooling to participate in the OFW Beauty Alliance. Students may register as individuals. Registration closes at midnight May 19. You will need the following:
- Name, phone number, email and address
- School affiliation
- Level within program
- Link to picture of best work