The SAC Money Dress designer application is now open! We are looking for the next creative design to wow our audience. We want to see what you’ve got! The dress made entirely out of money walks the runway EACH night at OFW. Read below for all the official rules and how to enter:
SAC Money Dress Design Contest 2016
- Designers are invited to submit designs from May 30th – June 12th, 2016.
- Designers may submit up to two designs using a separate submission form for each design.
- Bills or coins must cover at least 20 % of the dress.
- Bills or coins cannot be defaced.
- Dress must fit a model size 0 – 4.
- The winning designer will be notified by June 19th.
- The SAC Money Dress must be completed and be available to SAC FCU by August 6th.
- The SAC Money Dress will be unveiled at the OFW/SAC Preview Party at the beginning of August, date to be determined.
- Designer is responsible for guarding the dress and protecting it during Omaha Fashion Week events, August 22-27.
- Accessories are encouraged but not required.
- The amount of money included in the dress is to remain a secret. Designer is not allowed to disclose the dollar amount that is on the dress with anyone or anywhere.
- Members of the OFW selection panel will review all submissions and select the top three designs. SAC Federal Credit Union will make the final selection of the design and designer for the SAC Money Dress.
- SAC FCU will provide up to $700.00 to be used as design elements on or within the dress.
- Designer must meet with SAC in person to receive the bills/coins to be used for the dress.
- Prize money given to winning designer is $500.00 and a $100 budget for supplies.
- SAC Money Dress will remain the sole property of SAC Federal Credit Union.
- Following OFW the SAC Money Dress will go on a tour of a minimum of 4 SAC FCU branches. The Money Dress tour and the designer will be featured on SAC’s website and on social media.
- SAC FCU will feature the SAC Money Dress and its designer in a news release, on the SAC FCU website and on social media.
- A model will be provided by Develop Model management and Omaha Fashion Week to model the SAC Money Dress at OFW. The model may be different every night, so please take that into account.
Think you've got what it takes to be the next SAC Money Dress designer?! Apply HERE.