We get lots of requests from students looking for summer internships...and we are thrilled to present a really great opportunity to a qualified candidate from our friends at Design Parliament. Check it out!
Are you obsessed with the world of fashion? Do your friends look to you for advice on the latest trends, how to accessorize, and dress? Design Parliament is based at the Omaha Design Center in the heart of North Downtown. It is one of the premier garment and accessory importers and distributors in the spa and boutique industry. Our brands are sold at top hotels and spas...the Mandarin Oriental, Waldorf Astoria, Four Seasons and countless other luxury spas and boutiques. Design Parliament has a fast-paced work environment and we seek talented employees who crave learning new skills and aren't afraid to tackle big projects. As an intern you will get to collaborate with a variety of people in the industry, while working on real projects that will help us grow.
Our ideal candidate can walk into a room full of strangers and leaves with a room full of friends. Someone who has a passion for fashion, is creative, hardworking, and thoughtful when interacting with clients and customers.
What You Will Learn:
- Business management
- Business-to-business relationship building with our customer and client community
- International logistics
- Managing social media for a business
- Store merchandising + merchandising theory principles/practices
- Researching and identifying potential partnerships
- Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects
An ideal candidate will have:
- High school diploma and currently enrolled in four year college
- Background in fashion or retail
- Strong interest in the fashion industry
- Strong interest in business
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Creativity and flexibility
- Familiarity with social networking sites
We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will become extremely knowledgeable in online communication, develop a mastery of logistics, and gain a keen understanding of the right tactics to combine online marketing, brick and mortar sales, sales support, and customer service to grow a business in a professional setting. You’ll learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with industry professionals.
This position is unpaid, beginning May 15 and ending August 27. You are expected to work at least 10 hours/week. Opportunity to advance into a paid position at completion of internship. To apply please submit your resume to email@example.com.