Photo by Herb Thompson The designer application for March 2012 OFW Runway Shows is closed. Please read on to learn more about the application process and note important dates.
Application Closed: Will Re-open 2/15/12 for August.
- Designer applications for March 2012 shows will be available online at www.omahafashionweek.com from Sept. 15- Oct. 15, 2011.
- All applications must be submitted by midnight on Oct. 15. No late applications will be accepted.
- Applications will be reviewed and narrowed down to a set of designers who will be selected to participate in interviews with a panel of independent professionals from the industry. Interview invitations will be sent out via email on Oct. 17.
- Interviews will take place Oct. 19-20, times and location TBD. Applicants must be available to interview during this time to participate in the March 2012 shows.
- Each interview will take 10 minutes.
- Interviewees must come prepared with at least one garment that represents their ability/craftmanship along with sketches of at least three pieces that will represent their March 2012 collection. The panel will score each interviewee and scores will be used to make final selections for the March 2012 shows.
- Final selection notices will go out via email on Oct. 22.
- Selected designers will be asked to attend an orientation meeting on Oct. 23 at 5 p.m., location TBD.
While subject to change, OFW is considering expanding to three nights of shows in March 2012, in which collections for Fall/Winter 2012/13 will be shown. Applicants should keep this in mind as they plan their collections. Additionally, a portion of the activities surrounding the March 2012 Shows will involve an educational component for both current OFW designers and area middle-school/high-school students interested in pursuing a career in fashion.