Photo by Greg Higgins. The designer application for OFW: August 2012 opens Feb. 15. Please read on to learn more about the application process and note important dates.
- Designer applications for OFW: August 2012 will be available online from Feb. 15- Apr. 9, 2012.
- All applications must be submitted by midnight on Apr. 9. No late applications will be accepted.
- OFW is looking for Spring/Summer 2013 collections to be shown in August shows.
- OFW is looking for designers that fall into the following categories: Women's wear, men's wear, children's wear, bridal, evening wear, swimwear, business wear, day/street wear, alternative, and fashion as art.
- Applications will be reviewed and narrowed down to a set of designers who will be selected to participate in interviews with a panel of independent professionals from the industry. Interview invitations will be sent out via email on Apr. 11.
- Interviews will take place Apr. 13-14, times and location TBD. Applicants must be available to interview during this time to participate in OFW: August 2012.
- Each interview will take 10 minutes.
- Interviewees must come prepared with at least one garment that represents their ability/craftmanship along with sketches of at least three pieces that will represent their planned collection. The panel will score each interviewee and scores will be used to make final selections for OFW: August 2012.
- Final selection notices will go out via email on Apr. 20.
- Selected designers will be asked to attend an orientation meeting Apr. 22 at 5 p.m., location TBD.
- OFW: August 2012 Designers will be announced on Apr. 23