Here's to a holiday season filled with love and joy! Omaha Fashion Week would like to thank you for your support in 2012. With your help we were able to professionally showcase 16 designers in March along with 40 designers in August.
Congratulations to all of our designers for creating beautiful collections and developing great businesses, we are very proud of you for your many accomplishments. Thank you for sharing your talents with our community. You are the heart and soul of Omaha Fashion Week!
We are thrilled to share just a few of the amazing accomplishments from members of the fashion community:
- Jane Round began her program at FIT and was featured in Hello Holiday, an online shopping boutique.
- Hello Holiday was co-founded by former OFW designer Megan Hunt.
- Max Suiter began his program at Washington University in St. Louis.
- Model, Nicole Keimig - a many time cover girl for Omaha FASHION magazine - was placed in Hong Kong by Alyssa Dilts, founder of Develop Model Management. We just got news that she has been placed with a new agency in Singapore this Spring.
- Kaitlyn Fitzgerald was accepted into Parsons The New School for Design in New York City. She also showed her Spring/Summer 2013 collection at L.A. fashion week in October.
- Kate Walz and JLynn Hausmann were invited to show new collections at New York Fashion Week in February 2013.
- Fringes Salon won second place at the Battle of the Strands, a national hair competition.
Omaha Fashion Week would like send a special thank you to all of our sponsors whose generosity makes Omaha Fashion Week possible, SAC Federal Credit Union, KANEKO, Totally Vein ,Republic National Distributing Company , Borsheims, Leggoons, Develop Model Management, Streamlight Productions, Conces Lomneth Muller, Methodist Hospital,Markel BMW,State Farm Insurance,Sculpt,Old Market Dental,OBI Creative,Metro Magazine,World Group,VIP Limousine,Counterparts,Montclair Shopping Center.
Also, a big thank you to all of our hair salons and makeup artists, your time and talent each year is greatly appreciated: Team members from Bangs Salon, Buddy Sims, Charmaine Nicole, Dezzie Dollz Makeup, Fringes Salon, Tino & Julian at Garbos Salon, Jacqueline Orellana for Bangs Salon, John Paul Eubanks, Kontempo, Lindsey Curtis, Mary Beinor, Mikala Jean, Rain Salon, Doug Treadway & Shannon McDonald at Salon Fusion, Se Duire!, Seven Salon, Shine Spray Tanning & Spa, Sirens at the Loft, SweetNiss by Cocoa, T'eez, The Fringe, Tru Salon, students and faculty at Capital Hair School, Urbane Salon, Bloom Salon, Claude's Beautorium, Grace Designs & Esthetics, In The Master's Hands Beauty Salon, Lason & Spa, Pinkie Couture, Rare Salon & Boutique, Rosha Taylor, & Scott Wilson.
Finally, we would like to thank the many boutiques, models, photographers, and volunteers for your participation in OFW. We greatly appreciate your help and support each year.
To all of our ticket holders - who faithfully brave all kinds of weather (even a thunderstorm in the middle of a drouth) to watch our shows - a HUGE thank you for continuing to believe in us!
The next season is right around the corner, Feb. 26 - Mar. 2, 2013. Tickets go on sale Jan. 14, 2013. We hope to see you alongside the runway.
Happy Holidays from the OFW Team,
Nick & Brook, Ali, LeAnn, Kylie, Becky, Payton, Kaitlyn, Camille