Omaha Fashion Week designers receive a production package valued at $5,000, along with four months of mentoring and support from a panel of industry experts. If you are a designer interested in applying for Omaha Fashion Week, read on to learn more about our application deadlines and selection process:
- Designer applications for Omaha Fashion Week open twice a year: August 15-October 15 for March shows; and February 15-April 5 for August shows.
- All applications are accepted online via web form.
- Applications are reviewed and narrowed down to a set of designers who will be selected to participate in interviews with a panel of independent professionals from the industry.
- Each interview begins with a pitch given by the designer, followed by questions from the panel. Each interview takes about 10 minutes.
- Interviewees must come prepared with at least one garment that represents their ability/craftsmanship along with a visual representation of their planned collection - this could be sketches, a mood board, etc.
- Panel scores each designer in five areas: Concept, Creativity, Marketability, Craftsmanship and Invest-ability (in other words, would you invest in this designer?)
- If selected, you will be required to attend an orientation meeting, rack check, dress rehearsal and tech rehearsal leading up to your show.
- Check out the entire selection process here: www.omahafashionweek.com/selection