Yep, OFW needs a new intern who is a social media ninja. We like nerdy stuff at OFW, and are looking for someone who shares our love for google docs, wordpress, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram and whatever social platform is next. If you have experience with Adobe products and Constant Contact, that's an A++. As social media intern for OFW, you will be talking about fashion...a LOT! So a love of fashion, all things OFW and excellent writing skills are non-negotiable. Apply by filling out the form below.
Things the OFW Social Media Intern will do:
- Continuously update our Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Tumblr accounts
- Respond to questions and comments on social media
- Create a content strategy for and manage the OFW blog
- Create and send regular email updates to OFW fans
- Develop strategies to grow our online fan base
- Depending on skill set, may be asked to do a few graphic design projects or some writing (we want you to come away with some things that will build your portfolio.)
- When it’s event time – put your game face on and be there for set up, event execution and tear down.
Things OFW interns get:
- Bragging rights. You get the inside track on the Midwest’s premier fashion event.
- Resume cred. You get experience in event planning, communications, PR, fashion, putting a magazine together, being part of a team that leads over 1,000 volunteers, fundraising, sales, and customer service. Start to finish.
- Portfolio. Depending on your skill set and what you want to do in your career, you may get an opportunity to create or write something that will actually be used or published by Omaha Fashion Week that can be added to your portfolio.
The fine print:
- OFW intern is required to work 10 hours/week
- Unpaid internship, however there are a few perks. Manicures, pedicures, meals and great networking. Plus you get to work with an amazing team - check us out here: http://omahafashionweek.com/our-posse.