WHAT: Omaha Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2013 collections, featuring collections from 16 top independent fashion designers.
WHEN: Feb. 26- Mar. 2. Doors open at 6 p.m. Runway show at 8 p.m.
WHERE: KANEKO 1111 Jones St., in Omaha's Old Market District
WHY: Join Omaha Fashion Week, the Midwest's premier fashion event, in supporting our designers and fashion community. Omaha Fashion Week provides a week full of glamorous events for attendees featuring red carpets and celebrity appearances.
- Project Runway star and fashion designer, Amanda Valentine, will be our celebrity guest Friday and Saturday.
- OFW opening night will feature the Second Annual Cancer Survivor Show featuring 80 cancer survivors who will model clothing from 16 local boutiques. Part of the proceeds will benefit the Inner Beauty Salon at Methodist Estabrook Cancer Center.
- Wednesday, OFW is introducing the first ever Hair, Make Up, and Accessories show. This show will feature seven local accessories designers and seven salons that will team up to compete for a $2,000 grand prize package.
- Thursday will feature Children's Wear and Bridal.
- Friday will feature Ready to Wear including a collection by Amanda Valentine.
- Saturday will feature Avant Garde, Men's Wear, Swimwear and Evening Wear including a new collection by 16-year-old Kate Walz, who just returned from New York Fashion Week.
Tickets can be purchased at OFW Tickets.
If you would like to cover an OFW event, please fill out a press pass form at PRESS Form. To arrange an interview with an OFW organizer or designer please contact Ali Babe at firstname.lastname@example.org or (402) 709-7417.